August 2, 2022
Yesterday, we published our annual LFF Legislative Scorecard to the public!
The Scorecard serves as a snapshot of how elected officials voted and where divisions existed in House and Senate votes on critical faith and family issues. The public will be able to use LFF's Scorecard to inform conversation and engagement with their lawmakers.
Six senators and 20 representatives earned the Outstanding Family Advocate Award by scoring 100 percent on LFF’s Scorecard. These legislators will receive LFF’s esteemed Patrick Henry Award at the LFF 2022 Legislative Annual Gala planned for Tuesday, September 20th at Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge. Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch, whose Dobbs case before the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, will provide our Gala keynote address. Additionally, 61 legislators will also be honored with the Family Advocate Award for scoring 80 to 99 percent on LFF's Scorecard.
Seven lawmakers earned a distinct Life & Liberty Award for authorship of key bills:
- Senator Beth Mizell – SB 44 – Fairness in Women’s Sports
- Representative Laurie Schlegel – HB 142 – Protecting children on the Internet
- Senator Sharon Hewitt – SB 388 – Mail-order abortion ban
- Senator Katrina Jackson – SB 342 – Abortion trigger law
- Representative Julie Emerson – HCR 93 – Commends pro-life pregnancy centers
- Representative Rick Edmonds – HB 274 – Expanding adoption education
- Representative Thomas Pressly – HB 639 – Occupational licensing reform
LFF’s Award Gala is the highlight of our year and we look forward to hosting pastors, partners, policy makers, friends, and family from across the state to honor public servants and to assist lawmakers in writing the next best chapter of Louisiana history.
Make sure you secure your table for LFF’s 2022 Legislative Annual Gala with Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch here!
With all of the legal twists and turns in Louisiana following the Dobbs decision, some may be unclear on what the status of abortion is in our state. Here’s a timeline, helpfully compiled by The Advocate:
- 2006: Gov. Kathleen Blanco (Democrat) signs into law a trigger ban which would end abortion in Louisiana upon the overturning of Roe and would punish abortionists for violating the law
- June 21, 2022: Gov. John Edwards signs Sen. Katrina Jackson’s bill into law, updating trigger ban.
- June 24, 2022: US Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade in the Dobbs decision.
- June 27, 2022: Following a lawsuit from abortionists in Louisiana, Orleans Civil District Judge Robin Giarusso issues a TRO (temporary restraining order), effectively blocking enforcement of the trigger ban. Abortion clinics continue abortions in Louisiana.
- July 8, 2022: Orleans Civil District Judge Ethel Julien rules in favor of AG Jeff Landry and lifts the TRO, shutting down abortion clinics. Julien rules the case moves to Baton Rouge from New Orleans.
- July 12, 2022: Judge Don Johnson issues a new TRO, blocking the ban yet again. Abortion resumes.
- July 21: 2022: Judge Don Johnson grants a preliminary injunction in favor of abortion providers.
- July 29, 2022: 1st Circuit Appeals rules abortion ban must be reinstated as the legal challenge continues.
LFF expects this case will finally be resolved by the Louisiana Supreme Court in favor of LIFE.
Abortion, Inc.’s days are numbered. Louisiana has evicted the abortionists and AG Jeff Landry has pledged aggressive prosecutorial action against any lawbreakers, including those who defy this current order!
Coercion of Christians is the new “tolerance.”
“North Carolina Courage defender Jaelene Daniels was sidelined for the team’s Friday soccer game after refusing to wear an LGBT ‘pride-themed’ jersey,” the Daily Wire reported.
“Jaelene will not be rostered tonight as she has made the decision to not wear our Pride jersey,” a spokesman told The Washington Post. So much for tolerance!
Let’s all say a prayer for Jaelene Daniels, a brave young woman who is refusing to be bullied by the LGBT lobby. We need more athletes and leaders like her.
Please call Senators Kennedy and Cassidy and tell them to stand strong for biblical marriage. Let’s be brave like Jaelene Daniels and stand up against the radical LGBT agenda.
Senator John Kennedy’s D.C. office: (202) 224 4623
Senator Bill Cassidy’s D.C. office: (202) 224-5824
Friend,, be reminded of the words of Paul the Apostle in Ephesians 6: 11-15:
Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
President, Louisiana Family Forum
You're receiving this email because of your interaction with Louisiana Family Forum and/or Louisiana Family Forum Action. We are privileged to have you as part of our team! Thank You!
Having trouble viewing this email?
View it in your web browser
Louisiana Family Forum
655 Saint Ferdinand St.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802-6152
(225)344-8533 or (800)606-6470